Guests: Harry Mobley, Mary O’Riordan, and Vince Young
Vincent, Elio, and Michele record this episode at the University of Michigan, during the designation of the Department of Microbiology and Immunology as a Milestones in Microbiology site. They discuss how the laboratory has advanced the science and teaching of microbiology, and discuss faculty work on uropathogenic E. coli, induction of stress by bacterial infection, and the gut microbiome.
Right click to download TWiM#114 (51 MB .mp3, 70 minutes).
Links for this episode
- Milestones in Microbiology
- Mobley laboratory
- O’Riordan laboratory
- Young laboratory
- Frederick Novy
- Frederick Novy and the rat virus (Ann Int Med)
- Fitness of uropathogenic E. coli (Microbio Spectr)
- E. coli vaccine progress (Expert Rev Vaccines)
- ER stress activates inflammasome (Immunity)
- ER sensor augments bacterial killing (mBio)
- Gut microbiome interactions with C. difficile (Ann Rev Micro)
- Fecal microbiota transplantation (Infect Immun)
Music used on TWiM is composed and performed by Ronald Jenkees and used with permission.
Send your microbiology questions and comments to email@example.com .