Nels and Vincent provide an update on cases of monkeypox, and summarize a biochemical view of three changes in the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein that may balance positive and negative selection.
Become a patron of TWiEVO
Links for this episode
- ECDC monkeypox risk assessment (pdf) 8:44
- Monkeypox virus genomes (Nextstrain) 17:30
- Discussion of monkeypox virus genome sequencing (virological.org) 25:18
- Balancing positive and negative selection in spike protein (Biochem) 47:11
- Time stamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Science Picks 1:11:11
Music on TWiEVO is performed by Trampled by Turtles
Send your evolution questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org