Nels and Vincent continue their discussion of SARS-CoV-2 evolution, with a report that the coronavirus proofreading enzyme stimulates RNA recombination, and debunking the conclusion that a change in the viral spike glycoprotein is associated with increased human to human transmission.
Become a patron of TWiEVO
- CoV proofreading enzyme stimulates recombination (bioRxiv) 7:38
- CoV spike mutation pipeline (bioRxiv) 41:26
- Issues with CoV sequencing data (virological.org) 57:20
- Bill Hanage on selection vs bottleneck (threader.app) 1:00:24
- Image credit
- Time stamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Science Picks 1:07:44
Music on TWiEVO is performed by Trampled by Turtles
Send your evolution questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org