Kathryn Hanley joins TWiV to discuss her career and the research in her laboratory on the molecular biology, evolution and ecology of emerging RNA viruses and their insect vectors.
Guest: Kathryn Hanley
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Research assistant position at FDA (pdf) 00:21
- Support MicrobeTV with a Spike t-shirt (Vaccinated.us) 1:15
- One bite is all it takes (TWiV 587) 5:59
- CREATE-NEO 1:10:18
- Shifts in Borneo mosquito diversity (Ecosphere) 24:24
- VSV surveillance along Rio Grande (PLoS Path) 29:42
- Virulence a trade-off between transmission and clearance (Viruses) 47:03
- West Nile virus disease indicators (Viruses) 59:42
- Identify mosquito meals by barcoding (Trop Med Inf Dis) 25:53
- SkitoSnack (Sci Rep) 1:02:38
- Neal Nathanson dies (Baltimore Sun) 1:13:21
- VRR interview with Neal Nathanson (YouTube) 1:14:32
- Letters read on TWiV 944 1:15:17
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Picks 1:33:11
Jack – The Everything Virus
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org