In his weekly clinical update Dr. Griffin discusses variant influenza virus infections: recommendations for identification, treatment, and prevention for summer and fall 2022, low levels of monkeypox virus neutralizing antibodies after MVA-BN vaccination in healthy individuals, using the right tools at the right time for SARS-COV-2 infection, onset and window of SARS-COV-2 infectiousness and temporal correlation with symptom onset, transmission of SARS-COV-2: a review of viral, host, and environmental factors, antibody persistence and safety through 6 months after heterologous orally aerosolized Ad5-nCoV in individuals primed with two-dose vaccine, timely administration of tocilizumab improves outcome of hospitalized COVID-19 patients, administration of anti–SARS-COV-2 monoclonal antibodies after US Food and Drug Administration deauthorization, and clinical and genetic risk factors for acute incident venous thromboembolism in ambulatory patients with COVID-19.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- 2022 recommendations for Influenza infections (CDC) 2:14
- Low levels of monkeypox neutralizing antibodies after vaccination (medRxiv) 9:58
- Using the right tools during SARS-CoV-2 infection (ESMED) 12:20
- Onset and window of SARS-CoV-2 infectiousness with symptom onset (The LANCET) 14:08
- Transmission of SARS-COV-2 (ACP Journals) 18:33
- PAXLOVID patient eligibility screening checklist (FDA)
- Remdesivir fact sheet for providers (Veklury)
- Bebtelovimab fact sheet for providers (FDA)
- Administration of anti–SARS-COV-2 monoclonal antibodies (JAMA) 30:03
- Clinical and genetic risk factors for thromboembolism (JAMA) 33:05
- Administration of tocilizumab improves outcomes (PLOS One) 37:55
- Antibody persistence and safety through 6 months (medRxiv)
- Improve risk score for thromboembolism (mdCalc)
- Contribute to Floating Doctors fundraiser at PWB 43:31
- Dr. Griffin’s treatment guide (pdf)
- Letters read on TWiV 934 44:47
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your questions for Dr. Griffin to email@example.com