In his weekly clinical update Dr. Griffin discusses monkeypox virus infection in humans across 16 countries, pregnancy outcomes after SARS-CoV-2 infection by trimester, vaccination intent and belief, antiviral drug treatment for non-severe disease, the association of smoking with infected hospitalized patients, the association of Paxlovid on negative conversion rates among high-risk patients with COVID-19, safety and efficacy of Molnupiravir, usage of enoxaparin for primary thromboprophylaxis, statin and aspirin as therapy in infected patients, post-COVID-19 conditions among children 90 days after SARS-CoV-2 Infection, and symptoms and risk factors for long COVID in non-hospitalized adults.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Monkeypox infection in humans (NEJM) 3:25
- Pregnancy outcomes after infection (PLOS ONE) 10:24
- Vaccination intent and belief (Emerging Infectious Diseases) 11:55
- Antiviral drug treatment for non-severe disease (CMAJ) 16:48
- Smoking association with infected hospitalized patients (PLOS ONE) 17:47
- Impact of Paxlovid on negative conversion rates (CID) 18:46
- PAXLOVID patient eligibility screening checklist (FDA)
- Remdesivir fact sheet for providers (Veklury)
- Bebtelovimab fact sheet for providers (FDA)
- Safety and efficacy of Molnupiravir (Journal of Medical Virology) 21:00
- Enoxaparin for primary thromboprophylaxis (OVID) 22:41
- Statin and aspirin as therapy in infected patients (BMC) 25:03
- Post-infection conditions among children (JAMA) 26:48
- Symptoms and risk factors for long-term effects (Nature Medicine) 29:56
- Contribute to FIMRC fundraiser at PWB 33:00
- Dr. Griffin’s treatment guide (pdf)
- Letters read on TWiV 922 33:35
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your questions for Dr. Griffin to email@example.com