Paul Offit returns to TWiV to discuss why, during the recent FDA advisory committee meeting, he voted against releasing revised COVID-19 vaccines containing an Omicron component, and the reasons why children must be vaccinated against the disease.
Guest: Paul Offit
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- 28 June 2022 VRBPAC meeting materials (FDA) 2:44
- Don’t rush to change COVID vaccines (STAT) 34:46
- Monkeypox situation report #1 (WHO)
- Letters read on TWiV 917 40:33, 1:00:21
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Picks 1:20:41
Dickson – Woody Herman and his orchestra. 1955-1965. Signature song: The Preacher. Signature album: Woody Herman and His Orchestra (1956)
Kathy – Solargraphic analemmas
Rich – Windy (desktop; app)
Vincent – Why monkeypox is mostly hitting men who have sex with men
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org