TWiV discusses the recent decision by an FDA advisory committee to update COVID vaccines for the fall, the monkeypox virus outbreak, and the finding that enteric viruses infect the salivary glands and are transmitted through saliva.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Postdoctoral position in the Kielian Laboratory (pdf) 3:09
- COVID vaccine update for fall (WaPo) 7:49
- Don’t rush to change COVID vaccines (STAT) 30:45
- Materials from 28 June FDA advisory meeting (FDA) 33:20
- Monkeypox cases US and Global (CDC) 38:21
- Enteric viruses transmit via saliva (Nature) 57:25
- Letters read on TWiV 915 1:19:35
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Picks 1:31:57
Dickson – Jazz big bands #2: Maynard Ferguson: Signature song: Theme From Rocky: Signature album: Color Him Wild
Brianne – Origami antibody and virus
Kathy – Turbines resistant to high winds
Rich – Obi-Wan Kenobi (TV Series)
Vincent – The next epidemic may be here. The US isn’t ready for it.
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org