In COVID-19 clinical update #121, Dr. Griffin discusses age as a risk factor for severe disease, updated vaccine boosters for the fall, pediatric infection and antibody seroprevalence in Arkansas over the first year of the COVID-19 pandemic, all-cause maternal mortality in the United States before and during the pandemic, and the effect of 2-week interruption in methotrexate treatment and how it impacts vaccine immunity.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Age as a risk factor for severe disease (NY Times) 2:29
- Omicron boosters for the fall (NPR) 4:00
- Pediatric infection and antibody seroprevalence in Arkansas (PIDS) 10:32
- All-cause US maternal mortality during pandemic (JAMA) 20:47
- Effect of 2-week interruption in methotrexate treatment (The Lancet) 21:56
- PAXLOVID patient eligibility screening checklist (FDA)
- Remdesivir fact sheet for providers (Veklury)
- Bebtelovimab fact sheet for providers (FDA)
- PAXLOVID drug interaction checker (IDSA)
- Contribute to FIMRC fundraiser at PWB 27:18
- Dr. Griffin’s treatment guide (pdf)
- Letters read on TWiV 914 27:55
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your questions for Dr. Griffin to firstname.lastname@example.org