In COVID-19 clinical update #119, Dr. Griffin reviews tixagevimab for infection prevention, ivermectin for outpatient infection treatment, symptom rebound after PAXLOVID treatment, bamlanivimab minimally impacting immune response to vaccination, in-hospital mortality among infection patients, residual viral antigen in patients following infection, usage of Casirvimab/Imdevimab and Remdesivir in infected patients with depleted B-cells, and rheumatic symptoms following infection.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Tixagevimab-Cilgavimab for infection prevention (NEJM) 15:33
- Ivermectin for outpatient infection treatment (medRxiv) 20:10
- Symptom rebound after PAXLOVID treatment (IDSA) 27:17, 28:11
- Bamlanivimab minimally impacts immune response to vaccination (Sci Transl Med) 30:50
- In-hospital morality among infected patients (IDSA) 33:33
- Casirvimab/Imdevimab & Remdesivir for infected B-cell depleted patients (IDSA) 35:18
- PAXLOVID patient eligibility screening checklist (FDA)
- Remdesivir fact sheet for providers (Veklury)
- Bebtelovimab fact sheet for providers (FDA)
- Residual viral antigen in patients post infection (IDSA) 36:07
- Rheumatic symptoms following infection (IDSA) 38:39
- Contribute to FIMRC fundraiser at PWB 40:08
- Dr. Griffin’s treatment guide (pdf)
- Letters read on TWiV 910 40:59
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your questions for Dr. Griffin to email@example.com