Hosts: Vincent Racaniello, Rich Condit, Dave Bloom, and Grant McFadden
Vincent and Rich spoke with Dave Bloom and Grant McFadden about their work on herpesviruses and poxviruses in this episode recorded before an audience at the University of Florida, Gainesville – home of the Gators.
This episode is sponsored by Data Robotics Inc.
Click the arrow above to play, or right-click to download TWiV #84 (71 MB .mp3, 99 minutes)
Subscribe (free): iTunes, RSS, email
Links for this episode:
- Epigenetic modulation of herpes simplex virus gene expression (thanks, Matthew!)
- The Red Queen and Tierra virtual environment: article one, two, three (thanks, Jesper!)
- Hand-held HIV detector (thanks, Jim!)
- Anti-angiogenic cancer therapy combined with oncolytic virotherapy (thanks, Bill!)
- TWiV at UF Gainesville (jpg)
- Letters read on TWiV 84
Weekly Science Picks
Rich – Charles F. Littlewood photographs
Vincent – Not so humble pie (thanks, Sophie!)
Grant – The Strangest Man by Graham Farmelo
David – Is Parkinson’s Disease a prion disorder?
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com.
Man I wish I could have been part of that audience. Very fun discussion. I'm so fascinated by the whole concept behind oncolytic virotherapy. Ever since my mom got cancer (thankfully she no longer has it) I've been keenly reading up on the research surrounding it.