Forest and Maria-Isabel join TWiV to discuss their their project to engage thousands of citizens to swab inanimate surfaces in the San Diego area, then send the samples to the Rohwer Lab for nucleic acid analysis.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Forest on TWiV 391 3:03
- CoVID-19 Citizen Scientists website 7:11
- Swabbing surfaces in San Diego (10News) 10:55
- Nido21 meeting 58:59
- Molnupiravir in phase 2a (Fierce Biotech) 1:19:08
- Letters read on TWiV 732 1:00:17, 1:44:50
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Picks 1:34:05
Dickson – 10 amazing science tricks with liquids
Brianne – How Do Blind Worms See the Color Blue?
Rich – Statewide Study Shows Evidence Of Significant COVID-19 Antibodies In Children
Kathy – Dark side of the moon as it crosses Earth
Vincent – Wasdkeyboards and Novelkeys
Bronwen – COVID Performance Index
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com