Vincent, Alan, and Matt discuss a project to study the RNA virome of Northeastern American bats, failure to detect XMRV in UK chronic fatigue syndrome patients, and DNA of bornavirus, an RNA virus, in mammalian genomes.
This episode is sponsored by Data Robotics Inc.
Click the arrow above to play, or right-click to download TWiV #65 (58 MB .mp3, 80 minutes)
Links for this episode:
- Mist net Indigo Tunnel, Western Maryland Railway (jpg)
- Eric Donaldson and Amy Haskew with bat in holding bag (jpg)
- XMRV not detected in UK chronic fatigue syndrome patients (virology blog)
- Bornavirus DNA in the mammalian genome
- Arenavirus DNA can be integrated into the cell genome
- Rabid raccoons in Central Park, NYC
Weekly Science Picks
Matt 100 Incredible lectures from the world’s top scientists
Alan The Amateur Scientist CD
Vincent The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.