Vincent, Kathy, and Alan review the ongoing outbreak of Ebola virus in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, and the finding that mutations identified in the 2015 West African epidemic do not alter pathogenesis in animals.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- ASM Microbe 2018
- Support Viruses & Cells Gordon Conference
- Faculty positions at Icahn School of Medicine
- International dsRNA Virus Symposium
- New Ebola virus outbreak in DRC (WHO)
- Ebola virus case in urban area of DRC (WHO)
- Ebola virus outbreak not PHEIC (WHO)
- Ebola virus vaccine arrives in DRC (CIDRAP)
- Recent Ebola-Makona mutations do not alter pathogenesis (Cell Rep)
- Letters read on TWiV 494
Weekly Science Picks
Noah – David Baltimore on iBiology
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees.
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com