Nels joins the TWiV team to talk about his work on genomic accordions in vaccinia virus, hepatitis B virus in a 439 year old mummy, and viral induction of energy synthesis by a long noncoding RNA.
Guest: Nels Elde
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- ASV 2018: asv.org, asv2018.umd.edu
- TWiV is a must-listen (WaPo)
- More on poxvirus accordions (bioRxiv)
- HBV from a 439 year old mummy (PLoS Path)
- lncRNA promotes viral replication by inducing metabolism (Science)
- Making Data Visual
- Letters read on TWiV 476
Weekly Science Picks
Nels – Everyday Evolution
Kathy – Paper-fold an ellipse
Rich – Oxford Nanopore Technologies: YouTube channel; General technology; DNA sequencing; Sequencing singularity
Dickson – Spiders that look like pelicans
Alan – Guessing pool for China Spacelab reentry
Vincent – How to take a picture of the stealth bomber over the rose bowl
Gretchen – The Bearded Lady Project
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees.
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com