Freelance science journalist Tim Requarth joins the TWiVers to explain why scientists should stop thinking that explaining science will fix information illiteracy.
Guest: Tim Requarth
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Neuwrite 2:50, 27:25
- JMBE science communication issue 3:40
- Smallpox vaccination day 4:35
- The problem with facts (Fin Times)
- Countering antivaccination attitudes (PNAS)
- Effective messages in vaccine promotion (Pediatrics)
- Science curiosity and political information processing (Political Psychol) 52:30
- Teaching science using pseudoscience (D. Duncan)
- Letters read on TWiV 442 1:19:00
Timestamps by Jennifer. Thanks!
Weekly Science Picks 1:34:25
Robert – Zika presentation
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees.
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com