Host: Vincent Racaniello
Guests: Tom Friedrich, Tony Goldberg, and David O’Connor
Vincent visits the University of Wisconsin, Madison and speaks with Tom, Tony, and David about their work on virus discovery at the AIDS Vaccine Research Laboratory.
Click arrow to play
Download TWiV 260 (69 MB .mp3, 95 min)
Subscribe (free): iTunes, RSS, email
Links for this episode
- A tick in Tony’s nose (Am J Trop Med Hyg)
- Two new SIV from colobus monkeys in Uganda (Biomed Cent)
- Pegivirus diversity in Uganda (J Gen Virol)
- Simian hemorrhagic fever virus diversity in African primates (J Virol)
- Diversity of simian hemorrhagic fever virus in wild primates (PLoS One)
- Video of this episode – view above or at YouTube
Send your virology questions and comments (email or mp3 file) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Wow. I only just realised, I was in Wisconsin getting married around the time when this show was recorded! Since I am from Australia (my wife is from Milwaukee), if I had only know Vincent was in the area at the time! I actually travelled to visit a professor I knew in Chicago at the time, so Madison would have been nothing!