Hosts: Vincent Racaniello, Dickson Despommier, Alan Dove, Rich Condit, and Kathy Spindler
In this second consecutive all-email episode, the complete TWiV team reads questions and comments from listeners about systemic antiviral responses, wild type poliovirus in Israel, Turkish scientists, viral symbiotes, and much more.
Click arrow to play
Download TWiV 253 (101 MB .mp3, 122 min)
Subscribe (free): iTunes, RSS, email
Links for this episode:
- One Nation in support of biomedical research?
- Bilim Kazani (The Cauldron of Science)
- Science for Gezi
- State of Turkish Science
- Pathogenesis of feline coronavirus (EID)
- Dinosaurs plagued by infection (PLoS One)
- Dinosaur renaissance (WikiPedia)
- Birds are dinosaurs (AMNH)
- Influenza vaccine enhances disease in pigs (Sci Transl Med)
- Gut microbes influence B-cell development (Nature)
- Circovirus in dogs (EID)
- We the microbiologist
- Letters read on TWiV 253
Weekly Science Picks
Dickson – HD slow motion montage (YouTube)
Kathy – Damselflies and Eyewitness app
Alan – Space weather forecast (YouTube)
Rich – 1984 by George Orwell (Doublethink)
Vincent – PopSci comments off and Why so few women in science?
Listener Pick of the Week
Meika – Flip action roll (YouTube)
CN – Blink: The Power of Thinking without Thinking by Malcolm Gladwell
Bernadeta – Higgs Boson wins Nobel Prize
Send your virology questions and comments (email or mp3 file) to email@example.com
I enjoyed listening to those guys. Good job and more power!