Hosts: Vincent Racaniello, Rich Condit, and Alan Dove
Vincent, Rich, and Alan discuss a method for identifying viruses of individual environmental bacteria, and the using a picornavirus for oncotherapy.
Click the arrow above to play, or right-click to download TWiV 142 (69 MB .mp3, 95 minutes).
Subscribe (free): iTunes, RSS, email
Links for this episode:
- Probing individual bacteria for their viruses (Science)
- Looking in vivo at virus-bacterium interactions (ScienceDaily)
- Integrated fluidic circuit (Fluidigm)
- Oncotherapy with Seneca Valley Virus (Clin Cancer Res)
- Epidemiology of Seneca Valley virus (pdf)
- Senecavirus at ViralZone
- Small cell lung cancer (NCBI)
- ECOG performance status
- TWiV on Facebook
- Letters read on TWiV 142
Weekly Science Picks
Alan – Germlines podcast
Rich – science360
Vincent – Google+
Listener Pick of the Week
Angus – Science Weekly with Alok Jha
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com.
Oinkotheraphy? Is that what they use against the swine flu?
I noticed that Peter Palese has a joint paper on oncolytic Newcastle disease virus, although it’s behind a paywall: http://www.futuremedicine.com/doi/pdf/10.2217/fmb.12.4