Vincent, Alan, and Dickson discuss the reduction in genome size of Mimivirus upon passage in amoeba, and analysis of the microbiome of honeybees.
Click the arrow above to play, or right-click to download TWiV #139 (96 MB .mp3, 80 minutes).
Links for this episode:
- Mimivirus genome reduction after amoebal culture (PNAS)
- Carbohydrate-Active enZYmes database
- Analysis of the honey bee microbiome (PLoS One)
- The colony-collapse blues (TWiV 104)
- Blessed are the beekeepers (Wall Street Journal)
- TWiV on Facebook
- Letters read on TWiV 139
Weekly Science Picks
Listener Pick of the Week
Lance – A History of the World since 9/11 by Dominic Streatfeild
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com.