The TWiV crew meets with members of the Florida Keys Mosquito Control District at Florida Gulf Coast University to discuss dengue in Florida and how to control it.
Click the arrow to play, or right-click to download TWiV #111 (76 MB .mp3, 105 minutes).
Links for this episode:
- Florida Keys Mosquito Control District
- Prof. Sharon Isern
- Florida Gulf Coast University
- CDC report on dengue in the Florida Keys
- Dengue in Miami
- Mosquito release in the Caymans (Oxitec press release – pdf)
- Concerns about mosquito release
- TWiV on Facebook – photos of TWiV 111
- Letters read on TWiV 111
- Video of this episode – View above or at YouTube
Weekly Science Picks
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.