TWiV explains how immune profiling was used to identify distinguishing features of Long COVID, and how a co-opted feline endogenous retroviral envelope promotes cell survival by controlling copper transport and homeostasis in cats.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- MicrobeTV Discord Server
- MicrobeTV store at Cafepress
- Spike shirts at vaccinated.us (promo code Microbetv) 7:24
- Research assistant position in Rosenfeld Lab CBER/FDA (pdf) 6:29
- Features of Long COVID (Nature) 12:48
- ERV envelope mediates feline copper homeostasis (Cell Rep) 40:43
- Letters read on TWiV 1049 1:16:52
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Picks 1:35:17
Brianne – Webb spots a building block of life on Jupiter’s moon Europa
Rich – Are we really made of ‘star stuff?’ Learn about your body’s elements
Alan – Avian flu has reached the Galàpagos
Vincent – Why the US can’t have nice things
Az – Free solo
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com