In his weekly clinical update, Dr. Griffin discusses the immunogenicity and reactogenicity of coadministration of COVID-19 and Influenza vaccines, interim effectiveness estimates of 2023 southern hemisphere influenza vaccines in preventing Influenza-associated hospitalizations, genome-wide association study of susceptibility to RSV hospitalization in young children <5 years of age, performance of rapid antigen tests to detect symptomatic and asymptomatic SARS-CoV-2 infection, safety and immunogenicity of XBB.1.5-containing mRNA vaccines, optimal duration of systemic corticosteroids in COVID-19 treatment, timing and predictors of loss of infectivity among healthcare workers with mild primary and recurrent COVID-19, and effects of famotidine on cognitive and behavioral dysfunctions induced in post-COVID-19 infection.
Click arrow to play
Download TWiV 1044 (31 MB .mp3, 43 min)
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Immunogenicity and reactogenicity of coadministration of COVID-19 and Influenza vaccines (JAMA) 3:43
- Effectiveness estimates of Influenza vaccines in preventing associated hospitalizations (CDC) 5:02
- Genome-wide association study of susceptibility to RSV hospitalization in children (JID) 8:30
- Performance of rapid antigen tests to detect SARS-CoV-2 infection (AIN) 9:46
- Safety and immunogenicity of XBB.1.5-containing mRNA vaccines (medRxiv) 13:14
- C.D.C. director explains why you should get the latest Covid booster (Nytimes) 18:02
- Optimal duration of systemic corticosteroids in COVID-19 treatment (OFID)
- Timing and predictors of loss of infectivity among healthcare workers with COVID-19 (CID) 29:39
- Effect of famotidine on cognitive and behavioral dysfunctions induced in post-COVID-19 infection (JPR) 33:07
- Contribute to our Floating Doctors fundraiser at PWB 35:43
- Letters read on TWiV 1044 36:03
- Dr. Griffin’s COVID treatment summary (pdf)
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your questions for Dr. Griffin to firstname.lastname@example.org