TWiV reviews remarkable changes in the epidemiology of avian H5N1 influenza virus leading to previously uninfected areas, involvement of previously unaffected wild birds, and devastating outbreaks in farmed poultry, and isolation of a monoclonal antibody against the influenza virus neuraminidase that inhibits infection with a wide range of A and B isolates.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Register for ASV 2023 10:47
- Research assistant position at FDA (pdf) 14:05
- MicrobeTV Discord Server
- Avian influenza H5N1 (Eurosurveillance) 17:41
- Pan-influenza NA antibody (Nature) 54:36
- World Animal Health Information System 44:18
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Picks 1:29:31
Angela – May’s best science images – Nature
Kathy – Historical reasons for resistance to recognizing airborne transmission
Rich – Scan of Titanic reveals wreck as never seen before – BBC News
Alan – Science Education in an Age of Misinformation
Vincent – Equity, Diversity and Inclusion: When communication all changed
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com