Laurie Garrett discusses the role of wastewater testing in public health and her idea of a device that could be used by anyone to analyze water samples.
This podcast is not an episode of TWiV, but I thought it would be of interest to listeners.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Support MicrobeTV with a Spike t-shirt (Vaccinated.us) 1:10
- Coliform testing of water in Florida (YouTube)
- Declining cost of genome sequencing (Illumina)
- National wastewater surveillance system (CDC)
- Advances in detection of viruses in wastewater (Med Express)
- Wastewater monitoring comes of age (Nature)
- Monitoring monkeypox virus in wastewater (Med Express)
- Poliovirus wastewater surveillance in NY (Dept of Health)
- Wastewater surveillance in NYS (Dept of Health)
- Estimating norovirus infections through wastewater (Water Res)
- Estimating antimicrobial resistant bacteria through latrine water (Antimicro Res Inf Control)
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your questions and comments to email@example.com