Hosts: Vincent Racaniello, Dickson Despommier, and Daniel Griffin
Vincent, Dickson, and Daniel discuss identification of an erythrocyte protein essential for invasion of Plasmodium falciparum, and introduce a new case study.
Download TWiP #90 (88 MB .mp3, 121 minutes).
Links for this episode:
- Dermatobia hominis (Wikipedia)
- Plasmodium falciparum erythrocyte invasion (Science)
- Plasmodium life cycle (TWiP #10)
- Plasmodium invasion (PLoS Path)
- Basigin receptor for Plasmodium invasion (Nature)
- Malaria Achilles heel?
- CR1 and malaria (Cell Micro)
- Malaria entering (YouTube)
- Malaria invading (EarthSky)
- Letters read on TWiP 90
Send your questions and comments (email or mp3 file) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe to TWiP (free) in iTunes, by the RSS feed or by email
Leave a Reply