Bruce Carter joins TWiN to discuss the peripheral nervous system: the development of nerves that convey sensory information like touch from the tips of your toes to the brain, and Schwann cells, which are necessary for ensuring that those sensory signals are sustained as they travel long distances to the brain.
Guest: Bruce Carter
Become a patron of TWiN!
Links for this episode
- Control of neuron survival by p75 (J Neurosci) 33:31
- Sympathetic nervous system (Nat Rev Neurosci) 8:48
- Charcot-Marie-Tooth and PMP22 protein (J Biol Chem) 49:55
- Satellite glial cells (Nat Rev Neurosci) 1:06:15
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your neuroscience questions and comments to email@example.com