TWiM provides thoughts on providing better training for a non-academic career, and help celebrate Black in Microbiology Week with a 2023 paper by Ari Kozik, a co-founder of Black Microbiologists Association and Assistant Professor at the University of Michigan.
Right click to download TWiM #298 (51 MB .mp3, 70 minutes)
Become a Patron of TWiM!
Links for this episode:
- Better training for a non-academic career (Nat Micro)
- Nature career site
- ASM career site
- Prosper – Unlocking postdoc career potential
- Airway microbiota in obesity and asthma (J Allerg Clin Immunol)
- A vision for human microbiome research (mSphere)
- Microbes in Models (ASM)
- Climate change and microbes (ASM)
Music used on TWiM is by Ronald Jenkees.
Send your microbiology questions and comments to email@example.com