TWiM discusses a dispute about whether the mycobiome plays a role in the development of cancer, and the structure and function of channels that are delivered to plant cells by pathogenic bacteria.
Right click to download TWiM #296 (51 MB .mp3, 70 minutes)
Become a Patron of TWiM!
Links for this episode:
- Cancer microbes disputed (Carl Zimmer)
- Fungal mycobiome and cancer (Nature)
- Revisiting fungal mycobiome and cancer (Nature)
- Bacteria deliver channels to plant cells (Nature)
- Ice nucleation by bacteria (YouTube)
- Gram-negative bacterial porins (Curr Protein Pept Sci)
- Xenopus oocyte toolbox (Cold Spring Harb Protocols)
Music used on TWiM is by Ronald Jenkees.
Send your microbiology questions and comments to email@example.com