TWiM explains how phages avoid tRNA-targeting host defenses, and discovery of a new antibiotic from an uncultured bacterium that binds to an immutable target.
Right click to download TWiM #295 (51 MB .mp3, 70 minutes)
Become a Patron of TWiM!
Links for this episode:
- Phages avoid tRNA-targeting host defenses (eLife)
- Actinobacteriophage database
- New antibiotic from an uncultured bacterium (bioRxiv)
- The age of infection (For Policy)
- Killing bacteria by teixobactin (Nature)
Music used on TWiM is by Ronald Jenkees.
Send your microbiology questions and comments to email@example.com