Vincent, Michael and Elio note the passing of Stanley Falkow, give E. coli an archaeal membrane, and show how the microbiome can make worms live longer.
Hosts: Vincent Racaniello, Michael Schmidt, and Elio Schaechter
Right click to download TWiM#176 (29 MB .mp3, 60 minutes)
Subscribe to TWiM (free) on iTunes, Stitcher, Android, RSS, or by email. You can also listen on your mobile device with the Microbeworld app.
Become a Patron of TWiM!
Links for this episode
- Fecal transplants in the good old days (STC)
- Stanley Falkow, 84
- Loss of an old army buddy (STC)
- Giving E. coli an archaeal membrane (PNAS)
- Microbiome tunes host longevity (Cell)
- Image credit
- Transcript of this episode (html or pdf)
- Letters read on TWiM 176
Music used on TWiM is composed and performed by Ronald Jenkees and used with permission.
Send your microbiology questions and comments to email@example.com
Leave a Reply