The TWiM team explores microbes in snowblower vents on the ocean floor, and cleavage of antibody molecules by a Mycoplasma protease.
Right click to download TWiM#127 (40 MB .mp3, 55 minutes)
Links for this episode
- Happy Birthday, Elio!
- In the Company of Microbes
- Snowblower vents (Front Micro)
- Deep-sea snowblower vents (YouTube)
- Visions 11 cruise photos
- Mycoplasma capture and cleave IgG (PNAS)
- Canadian Scientific Submersible Facility and the University of Washington
- Letters read on TWiM 127
Music used on TWiM is composed and performed by Ronald Jenkees and used with permission.
Send your microbiology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.