Host: Vincent Racaniello
From the ASM Biodefense and Emerging Diseases Research meeting, Vincent speaks with Rebekah and Wyndham about their work on Rift Valley Fever virus and other vector-borne pathogens, and the evolution and pathogenesis of Yersinia pestis, the agent of plague.
Right click to download TWiM#121 (42 MB .mp3, 58 minutes).
Links for this episode
- Rift Valley fever virus risk (Emerg Micr Inf)
- Predicting Rift Valley fever virus transmission (PLoS NTD)
- Culex in New York City (BioOne)
- Early emergence of Y. pestis (Nature Comm)
- Pneumonic plague (Trends Micro)
- Video of this episode – view above or at YouTube
Music used on TWiM is composed and performed by Ronald Jenkees and used with permission.
Send your microbiology questions and comments to email@example.com.