Vincent, Elio, and Michael reveal that a soil-dwelling nematode can recognize and respond to a bacterial quorum sensing molecule through a sensory neuron.
Right click to download TWiM#93 (40 MB .mp3, 57 minutes).
Links for this episode
- Willy Burgdorfer, 89 (NY Times)
- Antibiotics in the nursery (STC)
- C. elegans recognizes a bacterial quorum-sensing molecule (J Biol Chem)
- E.P. Greenberg, pioneer in bacterial communication (PNAS)
- Video of nematode chemotaxis assay (Jove)
- Quorum sensing coined (J Bact)
- Letters read on TWiM 93
Send your microbiology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org