Hosts: Vincent Racaniello, Michael Schmidt, and Michele Swanson
Vincent, Michael, and Michele discuss how iron might disperse bacterial biofilms in carotid arterial plaques, and controlling Salmonella by modulating host iron homeostasis.
Right click to download TWiM#81(49 MB .mp3, 71 minutes).
Subscribe to TWiM (free) on iTunes, via RSS feed, by email or listen on your mobile device with the Microbeworld app.
Links for this episode:
- Biofilm bacteria in carotid arterial plaques
- Oral bacteria in carotid plaques (Eur J Clin Invest)
- Controlling Salmonella by modulating host iron homeostasis (Nat Med)
- Mesenteric lymph nodes (Wikipedia)
- TWiV 282: Tamiflu and tenure too
- Cold Iron by Rudyard Kipling
- Image credit
- Letters read on TWiM 81
Send your microbiology questions and comments to email@example.com
Leave a Reply