Vincent, Michael, and Michele discuss how iron might disperse bacterial biofilms in carotid arterial plaques, and controlling Salmonella by modulating host iron homeostasis.
Right click to download TWiM#81(49 MB .mp3, 71 minutes).
Links for this episode:
- Biofilm bacteria in carotid arterial plaques
- Oral bacteria in carotid plaques (Eur J Clin Invest)
- Controlling Salmonella by modulating host iron homeostasis (Nat Med)
- Mesenteric lymph nodes (Wikipedia)
- TWiV 282: Tamiflu and tenure too
- Cold Iron by Rudyard Kipling
- Image credit
- Letters read on TWiM 81
Send your microbiology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org