Vincent, Michael, and Stanley review the scientific career of Carl Woese.
Download TWiM #50 (47 MB .mp3, 64 minutes).
Subscribe to TWiM (free) on iTunes, via RSS feed, by email or listen on your mobile device with the Microbeworld app.
Links for this episode:
- Solving the puzzle (MicrobeWorld Video)
- Classification of methanogens by 16S rRNA (PNAS)
- Ancient divergence among bacteria (J Mol Evol)
- Intrepreting the phylogenetic tree (PNAS)
- Phylogenetic structure of the prokaryotic domain (PNAS)
- My kind of biology (Ann Rev Micro)
- Tribute to Carl Woese (Tree of Life)
- A manifesto for microbial genomics (Curr Biol)
- Eisen analysis of ‘manifesto’ (Tree of Life)
- Most important paper in microbiology? (Tree of Life)
- Phylogenetic placement of Spirosomaceae (System. Appl. Microbiol)
Send your microbiology questions and comments to email@example.com