On episode #20 of the podcast This Week in Microbiology, Vincent, Michael, and Elio follow up on the outbreaks of E. coli in Germany and cholera in Haiti, then discuss genes that confer self-identity to Proteus mirabilis.
Download TWiM #20 (49 MB, .mp3, 68 minutes).
Links for this episode:
- German outbreak of E. coli O104:H4 associated with sprouts (NEJM)
- South Asia not Nepal may be source of Haitian cholera strain (mBio)
- Identity gene expression in Proteus mirabilis (J. Bacteriol.)
- Proteus swarm movie (YouTube)
- Proteus moves at a speed of 4 x 10-5 mph
- Education resources at ASM
- Letters read on TWiM #20
Send your microbiology questions and comments firstname.lastname@example.org