Hosts: Vincent Racaniello, Michael Schmidt, Elio Schaechter and Jo Handelsman
On episode #19 of the podcast This Week in Microbiology, Vincent, Michael, Elio, and Jo discuss the genome sequence of Y. pestis from victims of the Black Death, and the effect of diet on gut microbial enterotypes.
Download TWiM #19 (43 MB, .mp3, 60 minutes).
Subscribe to TWiM (free) on iTunes, via RSS feed, by email or listen on your mobile device with the Microbeworld app.
Links for this episode:
- Yersinia pestis genome sequence from Black Death victims (Nature)
- Black Death genome fished out of East Smithfield (Contagions)
- Brief primer on Yersinia
- Dietary patterns and gut microbial enterotypes (Science)
- The guts of dietary habit (Science)
- Review of human gut microbiome (Ann Rev Micro)
- Letters read on TWiM #19
Send your microbiology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
Leave a Reply