On episode #1 of the podcast This Week in Microbiology, Vincent, Cliff, Michael, and Stan discuss transfer of DNA from a human host to a bacterial pathogen, and the ability of dry copper to kill bacteria on contact.
Download TWiM #1 (58 MB .mp3, 63 minutes).
Links for this episode:
- Horizontal gene transfer from a human host to a bacterial pathogen
- LINE = Long INterspersed Element
- Human DNA in Bacterial Genomes?
- Dry copper kills bacteria on contact
- Microbe by Elio Schaecter
- Small Things Considered – Microbiology blog
Send your microbiology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org