Nels and Vincent wrap up 2020 with a discussion of novel variants of SARS-CoV-2 that have emerged in the United Kingdom and South Africa, how to interpret the rapidly emerging genome sequence data and what to look for in the coming weeks as these variants spread across the globe.
Become a patron of TWiEVO
Links for this episode
- Preliminary genomic characterization of UK variant (virological) 23:21
- Clinical outcomes of infection with Orf8 variants (Lancet) 30:54
- Global Report Investigating Novel Coronavirus Haplotypes (GRINCH) 44:13
- South African SARS-CoV-2 lineage (medRxiv) 58:59
- Letters read on TWiEVO 63 1:09:51
- Time stamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Science Picks 1:21:47
Music on TWiEVO is performed by Trampled by Turtles
Send your evolution questions and comments to email@example.com