Maitreya Dunham joins Nels and Vincent to explain how her laboratory uses experimental evolution to study yeast flocculation, the community-building cell aggregation trait.
Guest: Maitreya Dunham
Become a patron of TWiEVO
- Dunham Laboratory
- Adaptive Routes to Cell Aggregation in Yeast (Genetics)
- Making the best of a sticky situation (SGD)
- Yeast Genetics and Genomic Course (Cold Spring Harbor)
- Genetic basis of biofilm formation (Beacon)
- 2017 CSH Plate Race (YouTube)
- Image credit
This episode is brought to you by Blue Apron. Blue Apron is the #1 fresh ingredient and recipe delivery service in the country. See what’s on the menu this week and get your first 3 meals free with your first purchase – WITH FREE SHIPPING – by going to blueapron.com/twie.
Music on TWiEVO is performed by Trampled by Turtles
Send your evolution questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org