Madina joins Immune to explain how the immune system of zebrafish gills compares to its functional counterpart in mammals, the lungs, and to discuss a zebrafish model for understanding olfactory loss during COVID-19.
Hosts: Vincent Racaniello, Stephanie Langel, Cynthia Leifer, and Brianne Barker
Guest: Madina Wane
Click arrow to play
Download Immune 41 (50 MB .mp3, 93 min)
Subscribe (free): iTunes, Google Podcasts. RSS, email
Become a patron of Immune!
Links for this episode
- Black in Immuno (YouTube) 9:39
- Cytokines and gill homeostasis (J Immune) 1:16:44
- Zebrafish model of COVID-19 olfactory loss (bioRxiv) 32:00
- Overview of fish vaccination (pdf)
- Time stamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Music by Steve Neal.
Immune logo image by Blausen Medical
Send your immunology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
Leave a Reply