Virologist Michelle Ozbun and the TWiV team review the biology of human papillomaviruses.
Click the arrow above to play, or right-click to download TWiV #126 (69 MB .mp3, 96 minutes).
Links for this episode:
- Human papillomavirus page at CDC
- Human papillomavirus vaccines page at CDC
- A better test for HPV (pdf)
- Human papillomaviruses and malignancy (review)
- Should smallpox stocks be destroyed? (poll at virology blog)
- TWiV on Facebook
- Letters read on TWiV 126
Weekly Science Picks
Michelle – HIV-1 utilizes chemokine receptor CXCR4 to enter stem cells (PubMed)
Dickson – Bengladesh bans sale of palm sap (NY Times)
Rich – The Medusa and the Snail by Lewis Thomas (“On Warts” – pdf)
Alan – Planting Science – students, teachers, and scientists collaborate on botany experiments
Vincent – CIDRAP – Center for Disease Research and Policy
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.