Vincent, Elio and Michael recorded this episode before an audience at the 2013 General Meeting of the American Society for Microbiology in Denver, Colorado, where they spoke with Andrew, Ferric, Suzanne, and Michelle about their research on a phage system for evading innate immunity, retractions of research papers, bacterial infections of the eye, and cytoplasmic defenses against intracellular bacteria.
Download TWiM #56 (73 MB .mp3, 102 minutes).
Links for this episode:
- A bacteriophage evades host immunity (Nature)
- Misconduct accounts for most retracted papers (PNAS)
- Males overrepresented in scientific misconduct (mBIO)
- Why does the cornea resist P. aeruginosa infection? (Am. J. Opthal.)
- Inflammosome components coordinate autophagy and pyroptosis (mBIO)
Send your microbiology questions and comments email@example.com