This episode: Using predatory bacteria to extract valuable bioplastics from other bacteria!
Download Episode (6.3 MB, 6.9 minutes)
Martínez V, Herencias C, Jurkevitch E, Prieto MA. 2016. Engineering a predatory bacterium as a proficient killer agent for intracellular bio-products recovery: The case of the polyhydroxyalkanoates. Sci Rep 6:24381.
Other interesting stories:
- Phages could treat infections serious in cystic fibrosis
- Microbes help protect plants against virus infection (paper)
- Getting closer to fecal transplant in pill form
- Microbe communities in overused land recover as vegetation is restored
- Deep sea phage makes a DNA polymerase that doesn’t need primers(paper)
Post questions or comments here or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for listening!