In COVID-19 clinical update #120, Dr. Griffin discusses outcomes of SARS-CoV-2 reinfection, CDC recommendation for vaccines in young children, neurodevelopment outcomes in infants of mothers testing positive for COVID during pregnancy, efficacy of monoclonal antibodies and antivirals in hamsters, rebound phenomenon after PAXLOVID in high-risk persons, hospitalization for infection after PAXLOVID treatment, and risk of long COVID with different variants.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Reinfection outcomes (Research Square) 2:40
- CDC recommends vaccine for young children (CDC) 12:31
- Neurodevelopment outcomes in infants post-infection (JAMA) 14:46
- Efficacy of monoclonal antibodies/antivirals in hamsters (Nature) 20:01
- PAXLOVID patient eligibility screening checklist (FDA)
- Remdesivir fact sheet for providers (Veklury)
- Bebtelovimab fact sheet for providers (FDA)
- PAXLOVID drug interaction checker
- Rebound phenomenon after PAXLOVID in high-risk persons (IDSA) 23:51
- Hospitalization for infection after PAXLOVID treatment (CDC) 25:38
- Risk of post acute infection with different variants (the Lancet) 28:22
- Contribute to FIMRC fundraiser at PWB 35:42
- Dr. Griffin’s treatment guide (pdf)
- Letters read on TWiV 912 36:34
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your questions for Dr. Griffin to email@example.com