Hosts: Vincent Racaniello and Dickson Despommier
Vincent and Dickson discuss recent outbreaks of polio, west Nile and eastern equine encephalitis, Hendra, and norovirus.
Click the arrow above to play, or right-click to download TWiV #6 (19.8 MB .mp3)
Subscribe (free): iTunes, RSS, email
Links for this episode:
- Dickson was at Pop!Tech last week.
- Neal Stephenson’s Cryptonomicon.
- US Geological Survey Disease Maps.
- CDC page on Hendra and Nipah viruses.
- The flying fox (Google image search).
- Vincent’s virology course.
- Vincent’s texbook is Principles of Virology, third edition, ASM Press (available December 2008).
- Episode transcript (pdf)
Science podcast pick of the week: Brain Science Podcast.
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
wont start begging till i get to the 200’s as i am new here, but asking now, please explain about Genome code, IE (how can a few swabs be an example of all coding? thanks again…