Vincent, Alan, Rich and Kathy discuss how interleukin 10 modulation of Th17 helper cells contributes to alphavirus pathogenesis.
Links for this episode
- IL10 modulation of Th17 cells during alphavirus pathogenesis (PNAS)
- Th17 cells involved in influenza mediated gut injury (J Exp Med)
- Helper T cells
- 2014-15 flu season (CDC)
- Key facts about flu & flu vaccine (CDC)
- Does the flu vaccine work? (Turbid plaque)
- Effectiveness of flu vaccine (virology blog)
- Image credit
- Letters read on TWiV 316
Weekly Science Picks
Listener Pick of the Week
Fernando – Reality based?
Send your virology questions and comments (email or mp3 file) to firstname.lastname@example.org