Vincent, Alan, Dickson, and Kathy discuss how the innate immune response to viral infection influences the production of pluripotent stem cells, and the diverse mobilome of giant viruses.
Click the arrow above to play, or right-click to download TWiV 206 (72 MB .mp3, 100 minutes).
Links for this episode:
- TWiV 206 transcript (pdf)
- Innate immunity and nuclear reprogramming (Cell)
- Viruses affect cell reprogramming (The Scientist)
- Cell-penetrating peptides (Trends Mol Med)
- Provirophages and transpovirons (PNAS)
- Organic Lake photo and map
- Letters read on TWiV 206
Weekly Science Picks
Listener Pick of the Week
Allison – Fred Guterl on The Daily Show
Send your virology questions and comments (email or mp3 file) to email@example.com.