From the Centers for Excellence in Influenza Research and Response meeting in Baltimore, Vincent speaks with Ron Fouchier, Rafael Medina, and Louse Moncla about recent changes in the epidemiology of avian H5N1 influenza virus and the threat to humans and other animals.
Host: Vincent Racaniello
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- MicrobeTV Discord Server
- MicrobeTV store at Cafepress
- Spike shirts at vaccinated.us (promo code Microbetv)
- Research assistant position in Rosenfeld Lab CBER/FDA (pdf)
- Centers for Influenza Research and Response Network 00:44
- Transatlantic spread of avian H5N1 influenza virus (Sci Rep) 12:49
- In-host diversity of influenza H5N1 virus (PLoS Path) 42:45
- Influenza H5N1 virus and mass mortality in sea lions (Vet Q.) 25:22
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org